Legal Secretary - Childcare - Longton, Stoke
Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
An opportunity has become available at our Longton Office in Stoke, for a full time Legal Secretary working within our Childcare Department.
Purpose & Objective of Job:
To assist the Fee Earner in managing a varied and challenging caseload, ensuring high levels of client care and service in all areas of Child Care.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Audio and copy typing
- Engaging with clients to obtain initial details in order to undertake conflict checks
- Submission of Public Funding Applications to allow for representation of clients
- Assisting the Fee Earner when taking full instructions from clients and the ongoing review of files.
- Assisting the Fee Earner and others in the department where necessary, in opening new files and closing them upon conclusion, preparing files for review, consideration of evidence and general case work
- Communicating with clients
- Typing dictated letters, Statements, Applications, File Notes & Briefs to Counsel
- Drafting basic letters, briefs and documents
- Arranging meetings and drafting minutes.
- Billing – To include allocation of Counsel’s fees and submission of Payments on Account and Final Bills on CCMS
- Time recording
- Assisting and dealing with emails and correspondence communication
- Assisting the Fee Earner in working to deadlines
- Management of Fee Earner’s and the Department diaries
2 years legal experience
- Use of Word, e-mail and internet
- Experience of Child Care
Relevant area of Law
Skills And Personal Attributes Required:
- “Can do attitude”
- Proactive, rather than reactive
- Good team player
- Good telephone manner
- Capable of handling responsibility and working without supervision
- Capable of working independently
- RSA 2 – Typing
- GCSE English – Grade C
RSA 3 – Typing
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the firm.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No Agencies please.