Marketing Assistant - Business Development - Derby
Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
This is an exciting role, with key responsibilities within the firm’s Marketing function to create positive internal and external awareness of the firm, and in the East Midlands marketplace.
The right candidate will be able to communicate in the most friendly and helpful of manners with the public, clients, suppliers, competitors and colleagues. We are looking for a team player, someone that always has in the forefront of their minds that they are seeking to generate business opportunities for the firm.
Supporting key Marketing/Business Development initiatives and strategies, the successful candidate will work with both stakeholders and shareholders, across all 6 offices that Smith Partnership have in Derby, Swadlincote, Burton, Stoke, Ashby and Leicester.
- To confidently attend meetings, both internal and external, with other members of the department and alone when required, occasionally away from the office.
- To take/type up meeting notes/actions and distribute to attendees when required. To follow up on actions to ensure they are completed.
- On occasion local small businesses and charities use the facilities at our head office for meetings, to co-ordinated the room usage - ensuring that the room is set up in preparation for them, tending to them whilst they are in the building, and clearing away once they have left.
- Arrange meetings and book appointments for the team.
- To assist in co-ordinating networking events, exhibitions, and other events, and attending as front of house. Attending external networking events, exhibitions, and other events both with the team and on occasion alone. Some events will fall in the mornings before 9am or evenings after 5pm.
- Using our website Content Management System (“CMS”) to run weekly reports on the website to ensure all our call-to-action forms are working correctly.
- To audit and keep a log of website content quarterly.
- Using our website CMS to publish and unpublish new job vacancies, articles, news stories, testimonials and expert profiles.
- To liaise with each department to see which matters were taken on from the website call-to-action forms and report on the outcomes in a spreadsheet.
- To monitor the outcomes of the enquiries received through our Info@smithpartnership.co.uk email address, monitored by our New Business team, by leasing monthly with the fee earners/support staff in each department.
- Call conversion reports – using call lists from reception, collate conversion rates for new enquiries for all departments and offices.
- To assist the team in preparing monthly dashboard reports for the Management Committee, consisting of report data collected (above).
- To use our Case Management System to complete the following;
- Matter opening error reports – identifying telephone numbers that are incorrect, missing email addresses, etc. Liaise with each fee earner/secretary to correct. To assess the data within the system and implement a clean-up process using duplication tools.
- Business source reports - to pull reports from ALB, identifying missing business sources and emailing fee earners/secretaries to correct. Collecting estimated fees for each new matter and logging this on a spreadsheet so that we can monitor return on investment.
- To help create marketing databases and automations that enable us to cross sell services or to advertise events and initiatives.
- To keep a well-maintained log of the firm’s referral agreements.
- To assist in the monitoring of our social media account engagement across various platforms.
- To assist in creating content for our social media accounts.
- We advertise in many local community magazines and publications across the East Midlands, to liaise with publication companies to ensure advert deadlines are met each month.
- To keep a well-maintained log of the firm’s testimonials/online reviews posted on various channels.
- To use the website CMS to upload/remove testimonials as and when needed.
- To respond to both positive and negative online reviews using templates.
- To run a quarterly competition internally to encourage staff to boost our online presence.
- To source, purchase and disperse branded merchandise for the firm, for both internal and external initiatives.
- As a firm we are proud of the charity work we do across the East Midlands. To lead the firms charity work, along with support from HR, the charity champions based at each office and the BD team. To be responsible for organising fundraisers across the firm throughout the year to help us raise as much money for charity as we can.
- Previous relevant experience within a Business Development/Marketing function.
- To understand Marketing/Business Development theory and practise.
The Following Skills Are Essential
- Able to demonstrate good administrative and organisational skills.
- To have accurate typing skills. The ability to produce emails and other text documents with high standard of grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent communication including oral and written presentation skills.
- Able to learn quickly and keep detailed notes of procedures to refer back to.
- Have proven IT skills and ability to adapt to new technologies.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Access to a car and full driving licence.
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision. The successful candidate will be required to work alone at times, as well as in a team.
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Be flexible with working hours – early mornings and late evening work will be required from time to time.
- Interested in pursuing a career in Marketing and Business Development.
- High degree of initiative with a can-do attitude and enthusiasm for the role.
- Self-motivated to work independently as well as part of a team.
- To not be afraid to ask questions or for support.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Confident communication skills.
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Methodical approach to tasks and problem solving.
To assist with any other tasks as required.
This Job Description covers the current range of duties and will be reviewed from time to time.
Smith Partnership reserve the right to change the Job Description if the business requires it.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No Agencies please.