New Business Assistant & Receptionist - Business Development - Derby
Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
An opportunity has become available for a New Business Assistant/Receptionist to join the Business Development department at our Derby Head Office.
Purpose & Objective of Job:
Reporting to Business Development Partner
Key responsibilities of the Business Development and Marketing function within the firm is to create positive internal and external awareness of the firm, and in the East Midlands market place.
The right candidate will be able to communicate in the most helpful of manners with customers, suppliers, competitors and internal staff members.
The successful candidate will always have in the forefront of their minds that they are seeking to generate business opportunities and win more client instructions for the firm.
The position is a dual role, undertaking New Business Assistant duties Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Receptionist duties on a Thursday and Friday.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
The New Business Assistant will be responsible for:
- Delivering the above service across all offices of Smith Partnership
- To sit within the Business Development team Monday – Wednesday, but to assist the Conveyancing department with New Business goals and objectives by completing the below key tasks.
- To be situated on Reception to provide Reception cover on a Thursday and Friday and holidays.
- Follow up all new enquiries via telephone or email for the department and log on spreadsheet. Liaise with Conveyancing Team.
- Open file using the online computer system
- Prepare all documentation for clients to complete documentation
- Obtain identification from the clients and register this on our anti money laundering system.
- Communicate daily with clients on the telephone and over email.
- Monthly conversion reports - to prepare monthly reports for the MC of new matters opened using the ALB reports including their source of business.
- Acting as the initial contact for all visitors
- Keeping reception area and interview rooms neat and tidy at all times
- Dealing with all internal and external calls received via the central switchboard
- Signposting calls to correct person
- Taking and passing on messages in absence of the relevant fee earner
- Seeing to clients well-being whilst on the premises, including escorting them to fire assembly point in the event of the fire alarm sounding
- Assisting clients with general queries
- Keeping a day-to-day register of staff attendance
- Processing the post (incoming and outgoing) when the Office Assistant is on annual leave.
Skills And Personal Attributes Required:
- Able to demonstrate good administrative and organisational skills
- Able to learn quickly and keep detailed notes of procedures to refer back to
- Have proven IT skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- The successful candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and have accurate typing skills
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision. The successful candidate will be required to work alone at times, as well as part of a team
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight reporting deadlines
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise
- The ability to produce emails and other text documents with extremely high standard of grammar and punctuation
- Self-motivated to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good inter-personal skills
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment
- Methodical approach to tasks and problem-solving
- High degree of initiative with a can-do attitude
- Personable, professional, friendly demeanour
This Job Description covers the current range of duties and will be reviewed from time to time.
Smith Partnership reserve the right to change the Job Description if the business requires it.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No Agencies please.