Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
An opportunity has become available at our Norman House Head Office in Derby, for a full time Paralegal working within our Commercial Property Department.
Duties will include; Fee earning activities relating to the provision of legal services to the firm’s clients. To meet performance targets and to carry out other duties as determined by the Partners. You will work closely with the fee earners in the Commercial Property Department on a full range of property matters including freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters and secured lending.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to build their property experience and take the next step in their legal career.
- Handling new enquiries (by telephone, in person or enquiries submitted via our website).
- Taking instructions including attending meetings and taking notes where required.
- Opening new files and attending to Client Care and Anti-Money Laundering formalities.
- Obtaining and reviewing title documents.
- Submitting and reviewing searches.
- Drafting – including the drafting of Contracts, Transfers and Leases (and other ancillary documents).
- Producing reports to clients including reports on title and Leases.
- Negotiating with other Solicitors.
- Liaising with and maintaining relationships with other professionals including Surveyors, Financial Advisors and Banks etc.
- Attendance on clients in person and by telephone.
- Maintaining regular client contact and keeping clients up to date.
- Administrative duties including, typing, filing, scanning and photocopying where required.
- Diary Maintenance.
- Making and receiving telephone calls.
- Taking and passing on messages in the absence of the relevant fee earner.
- Preparing transactions for completion including the preparation of Completion Statements.
- Preparing and submitting Stamp Duty Returns.
- Dealing with Land Registry applications and any requisitions received in respect of the same.
- File closing and managing deeds storage.
- General file maintenance.
- Monitoring ledgers and liaising with the Accounts Department regarding outstanding amounts.
The Following Skills Are Essential:
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to cope with a heavy and diverse workload
- Ability to handle pressure and to work to deadlines
- Committed to delivery excellence
- Strong business approach
- Professional with clients
- Self motivated and committed
- Treats client and colleagues with courtesy and respect
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
- Good team player, supportive of colleagues
- Has energy, enthusiasm, drive and ambition
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to work demands.
- Law Degree
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (email@example.com)
No Agencies please.