Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
An opportunity has become available for a Paralegal to join our Conveyancing Department at our Head Office in Derby.
Purpose & Objective of Job:
Fee earning activities relating to the provision of legal services to the firm’s clients. To meet performance targets as defined and to carry out other duties as determined by the Partners.
- Attending and advising clients in relating to Conveyancing matters, such as sales, purchases, re-mortgages etc. including: -
- Taking Instructions
- Drafting Contracts
- Negotiating with other Solicitors, Building Societies, Estate Agents, Financial Advisors, Banks, etc.
- Attendance on clients in person and by telephone
- Exchange of Contracts
- Post Completion Work
- Land Registration
Experience And Qualifications Required:
- Conveyancing experience
- Client contact
- Law Degree
- Relevant area of Law
Skills And Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Professional telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (email@example.com)
No Agencies please.