Smith Partnership is a leading law firm in the East Midlands. A forward thinking and progressive company employing over 200 staff throughout 6 offices.
An opportunity has become available at our Burton Office, for a full time Solicitor working within our Child Care Department.
Purpose & Objective of Job:
To manage a varied caseload from initial instruction right through to representation, to ensure high levels of client care and service in all areas of child care law.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Taking full instructions from clients
- Advising clients
- Take and prepare statements
- Public funding application of all steps necessary to represent clients
- Time Recording
- Dealing with correspondence
- Case Management
- File review
- Preparation of bills
- Maintenance of diaries
Experience And Qualifications Required:
- Qualified Solicitor
- Law Degree
- Practising Certificate
- Appropriate area of law
Skills And Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to market the firm in accordance with our desired image.
- Ability to contribute towards the development of the practice as a whole.
- Personable, good communicator
- Presentation skills
- Visionary – must be able to identify and execute strategy / business plan
- Managerial skills
- Organisation, planning and time management skills
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to give clear, practical advice
- Able to work under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive East Midlands law firm and to work as part of a challenging and friendly team.
Applications strictly via email enclosing a current CV and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No Agencies please.