Secure compensation for your accident

From whiplash to life-changing injuries, road traffic accidents can have detrimental effects on your livelihood in both the short and long term. Regardless of whether you were a driver, passenger or an innocent pedestrian, road traffic accident solicitors can help you get the justice you deserve. 

If you've been affected by an accident on the roads and would like to find out how our legal team can help you secure compensation, get in touch with Smith Partnership today.

Who Can Claim for Road Traffic Compensation?

Road traffic accidents are a common occurrence. The World Health Organisation (WHO) report that between 20 and 50 million people suffer non-fatal injuries as a result of road traffic accidents each year. 

It isn’t just the driver who can claim for road traffic compensation. Passengers and innocent bystanders could also be entitled to claim for compensation for any incident which may have affected them on the roads. It's also possible to seek legal advice if you have been injured or hit by an uninsured driver or have been involved in a hit and run incident.

Cyclists and motorcyclists involved in road traffic accidents may also be entitled to compensation. Accidents involving cyclists are a common occurrence, and the injuries they suffer are often more severe. In such a case, it is important to seek legal advice to determine the extent of the compensation you may be entitled to.

How Much Compensation Could You Be Entitled to?

The amount of compensation you are entitled to will vary depending on the specifics of the case. Medical bills, lost income due to time off work and other uninsured losses are some of the most common reasons for claiming compensation.

The seriousness of your injury and the extent to which your life has been affected will be the leading factors in determining how much compensation you are likely to receive. In any case, enlisting help from a legal expert can play a key role in pursuing a successful compensation claim.

Your road traffic accident case will be handled on a no win, no fee basis. This means that if your case is unsuccessful, you will not be required to pay any of our legal fees. If a settlement is reached, a percentage of the final compensation amount will be deducted to cover our costs. However, our friendly team will explain everything to you before you decide on whether you want to proceed with a claim.

How Do Road Traffic Accident Claims Work?

Road accident solicitors deal with all kinds of incidents on the road, and there are a variety of ways in which to pursue justice. It is important to act quickly – the sooner you seek legal guidance following an accident, the better your chances of securing compensation will be.

When making a claim following a road traffic accident, the first step is to seek advice from a legal expert who will advise you on whether or not you are entitled to compensation and prepare the documentation required to argue your case. From there, your solicitor will enter into negotiations with the liable party with the aim of ensuring you are justly compensated.

How Smith Partnership Can Help

Drawing on extensive experience and a no-nonsense approach, the Smith Partnership team prides itself on dealing with your case in a transparent and straightforward way. We will advise you as to the extent of compensation you may realistically be entitled to, as well as offering expert guidance on how best to secure it.

From your initial instruction all the way through to the final stages of the process, we offer a clear pricing structure free of hidden surprises or unexpected costs. Having dealt with a wide variety of road traffic accident claims over the course of many years, our team offers the right legal solution to suit your circumstances – whatever they may be.

Contact our team today

To find out how our expert team of solicitors can help you, contact us today on 0330 123 1229, send us an email via or complete our contact form.


If an employee falls ill before a pre-planned holiday, or during that holiday, they are legally entitled to re-schedule that holiday and to take it later. Employers should set out how the employee must report such absence within their holiday/ sickness policies.

The first thing to do is to make sure that you have taken a note of the other driver’s full details, including their name and address, their registration number and their insurance details if possible. You should then notify your own insurers that you have been involved in an accident and you should contact your solicitor to seek legal advice at an early stage. As your insurer will advise, on no account should you admit liability for the accident at the scene, even if you think that it may have been your fault - you could be mistaken.