Make the most of the property in your possession
Successfully protecting assets is a main consideration in the world of commercial property. Whether you represent a small business or a blue chip organisation, Smith Partnership’s commercial property department offers a wealth of legal expertise that helps you make the most of the property in your possession.
Get in touch with our team today to see what we can do for you.
Our commercial property services
Our expertise covers a wide range of legal services relating to commercial property law, including:
- Handling the sale and purchase of business premises such as shops, restaurants, industrial units and property occupied by educational organisations
- The acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property
- Granting and renewing business premises leases
- Property finance
- Residential and commercial development transactions
- Drafting, negotiating and agreeing the terms of commercial leases, business sale agreements and transfers
- Preparing legal documentation for the sale of commercial property at auction
- Handling all aspects of secured lending over commercial property by commercial lenders
- Licenced property transactions and complex matters surrounding licenced property, including matters relating to leisure properties and facilities
- The acquisition of commercial property by commercial pension funds
- The assembly of land for development purposes and the subsequent disposal of plots on the developed land
Where needed, our experts are also able to call upon the expertise of the wider Smith Partnership team, offering further legal advice with regards to licensing law, environmental matters, health & safety law and more.
If you’re in need of legal advice regarding any of the areas above, contact us today.
Attracting over 20,000 visitors annually, MIPIM is the world’s leading international property exhibition. As such, the event brings together many of the world’s premier property professionals, offering valuable opportunities for networking and knowledge-sharing.
Held annually in the French city of Cannes, the Smith Partnership team have been regular attendees since 2014. Attending the event as part of a delegation that promotes commercial property in Derby, we work alongside key public and private partners to position the area as an ideal location for inward investment.
Derby Property Summit
The Derby Property Summit is the Midlands’ largest commercial property conference and takes place annually. Organised by Marketing Derby, Smith Partnership are proud to be the headline sponsor for this landmark event.
Successfully attracting industry leaders working across the UK property and construction sectors, the event is attended by more than 350 delegates each year. Offering a range of keynote speakers, panel discussions and seminars, the Derby Property Summit plays a crucial role in strengthening our firm’s activities in the commercial property sector.
Legal 500 recognition
Smith Partnership’s excellent reputation in dealing with commercial property work has seen the department feature as part of the Legal 500. Recognising the top law firms and professionals working within the UK legal sector, the Legal 500 describes our team as follows:
The ‘highly professional’ Smith Partnership offers ‘excellent business acumen’ and ‘great depth of expertise’.
Key figures include practice head Jason Wood, who has particular expertise in the healthcare sector, and the ‘very supportive’ Rashid Ali, who handles commercial property work for pharmacies. The group's expertise covers acquisitions and disposals, property finance and development work, landlord and tenant instructions and corporate support work. The client list features a major pub company and several players from the food and drink industry as associate Tara Harding has carved out a niche in licensing work.