Claim financial compensation
Accidents in the workplace can have a significant impact on the physical, mental and financial well being of those affected. If you have been injured at work as a result of negligence on the part of your employer, you could be entitled to financial compensation.
Smith Partnership's experienced personal injury solicitors have helped countless clients make a successful compensation claim, supporting their recovery in the process. Don't hesitate to contact our experts to see what we can do for you.
Employers are legally required to follow a variety of health and safety regulations designed to ensure maximum safety in the workplace. A failure to adequately implement these measures – for example as a result of negligence – can pave the way for workplace accidents to occur. As such, employers are expected to ensure that:
- Employees are properly trained to carry out the work expected of them
- Safe work practices are adhered to
- Risk assessments have been carried out
- Workers are supplied with secure, functioning and protective equipment
- Steps are taken to prevent, minimise or manage exposure to harmful substances
- Materials are handled and stored in a safe manner
The above list is not exhaustive, and employers are expected to implement a wide range of further measures to protect employees in the workplace. You may be able to make a claim for compensation if your employer has failed to do so adequately.
Workplace accidents can take on many forms, common examples of which include:
- Falls from height, for example from ladders or scaffolding
- Accidents that occur when operating machinery, such as forklifts
- Manual handling injuries, for example as a result of heavy lifting
- Injuries related to the handling of hazardous substances or materials
- Slips and trips
- Injuries sustained due to faulty or defective equipment
- Industrial injuries, such as exposure to asbestos
Whatever the cause may be, accidents that occur as a result of negligent conduct can have serious consequences. Aside from negatively impacting your health, they can also lead to lost earnings, medical bills and further expenses. A compensation claim can go a long way in compensating you for these losses.
The amount of compensation varies greatly depending on the circumstances. The severity of your injuries and the financial losses which you have incurred are key factors in determining the extent of your compensation.
Our legal team will assess your case and use their expertise to advise you on the likely amount of compensation you could be entitled to.
Our partner-led personal injury team has extensive experience dealing with all manner of workplace accidents and diseases. We understand that the consequences of an injury can be very distressing, and we focus on making the process as straightforward as possible for you.
This starts by providing you with expert legal advice in whichever way is most convenient to you, whether that be at our offices in Derby, Leicester, Stoke-on-Trent, Burton upon Trent and Swadlincote or at home.
We offer our clients peace of mind that their injury claims are in safe hands. Independently recognised by the Legal 500 and backed by many years of practical experience, our team works tirelessly to help you to try to return to normal life.
Offering No Win No Fee arrangements, we can help you secure compensation at little to no financial risk to you.